Support during pregnancy, labor, and beyond.
Every family deserves open-minded support on the life-changing journey of welcoming a new baby. As doulas, we will help to nurture and strengthen your family as you transition into life with your new little one.
Are you hoping for labor support? Wishing there was someone you could turn to with questions about your baby in those early weeks? Looking for a birthing class that helps you feel ready to meet the events of birth and parenting? We're here to help!
I'm looking for a:
A doula can...
- Help you feel more surrounded with support before and during birth (this goes for moms as well as dads and partners!)
- Answer questions and help you locate additional resources
- Help you prepare for your birth and postpartum experience
- Provide comfort measures, coping techniques, encouragement, and guidance during labor and birth
- Promote rest, recovery, and bonding with your baby in the weeks after birth
- Help you understand what is normal and identify possible areas of concern
- Brainstorm with you to help come up with creative solutions to challenges you may face
- ... and many more benefits!
Are you in search of an understanding and knowledgeable companion to accompany you through the journey of labor and birth?
Are you looking for practical and emotional support as you settle in at home with your baby?
Are you trying to find a meaningful childbirth preparation class before your little one arrives?
We're here for you.
We have been providing prenatal childbirth education, labor support, and help for families with a new baby since 2014, and we love love LOVE working with parents in Orange County and Long Beach! We have training through Childbirth International, Stillbirthday, and we are Birthing From Within mentors, so you'll find we may approach the experiences of welcoming a baby a bit differently than other birth professionals in the area. We strive to offer nonjudgmental support to everyone we work with, offering a safe space to experience the range of emotions this time of life can bring. We honor your journey into parenthood as a rite of passage, not just a medical event.
We offer a free consultation so we can get to know each other and learn how we can best serve you on your journey into parenthood.
Our Services at a Glance
Attendance of your birth by a caring doula
Basic Birth Package: $1100
Labor support plus:
- 1 prenatal visit with Megan & Marlee
- 1 postpartum well visit with Megan & Marlee
- 10% discount on additional services and classes
Preparation Package: $1450
Basic Birth Package plus:
- 9 hours of childbirth education (three 3-hour sessions) with Megan & Marlee
Care Package: $1600
Basic Birth Package plus:
- 20 hours of postpartum doula support
In-home practical and emotional support after birth
20-hour Package: $575
40-hour Package: $1125
60-hour Package: $1675
$30/hour shifts available à la carte (4-hour minimum shifts)
Meaningful preparation for your transition into parenthood with two Birthing From Within Mentors
3 hours: $150
6 hours (2 3-hour classes): $285
9 hours (3 3-hour classes): $400
I'm interested! What's next?
Contact us to let us know which services you're interested in, and we'll get in touch with you.
- Birth doula support
- We'll schedule a complimentary 1-hour consultation to talk about your plans and preparation for birth, and discuss and how we can support you as you welcome your new baby.
- Think it over. We'll hold your spot on our calendar for a week.
- When you're ready, we'll send you our contract and payment options (half of the birth fee is due at signing, the remainder is due at 36 weeks)
- Once you've signed your contract and paid your deposit, we're your doulas!
- Postpartum doula support packages
- Marlee will schedule a complimentary 1-hour consultation so you can get to know each other and talk about how she can make your life with a new baby easier.
- Think it over (but remember Marlee's postpartum schedule books up quickly).
- When you're ready, we'll send you our contract and payment options (payment is due in full at signing)
- Once you've signed your contract and paid for your package, you'll have a postpartum doula by your side!
- Childbirth classes
- Let us know how many sessions you're interested in and what your goals for the class are
- We'll send you an invoice and intake form (payment is due in full at signing)
- Your class sessions will be scheduled and we'll help you prepare for birth parenthood!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can a doula help me have an easier birth?
During labor, our role is to be present with you, walking your journey of birth alongside you. We can also assist with non-clinical tips and tricks to aid labor progress. These include comfort measures, ways to maintain a coping mindset, physical and emotional support for labor, emotional and informational preparation for cesarean births, and everything in between.
Our goal is to support you in your choices for birth. During our preparation, we can point you toward evidence-based resources and research to aid you in making informed decisions, and we also recognize that every family needs to make the decisions that are right for them.
I'm looking for a child birth class in Orange County.
You're in good company! Feeling overwhelmed by all the information (and conflicting advice) about birth out there? Curious about the non-medical aspects of birth that don't seem to be discussed? Interested ways to bring your self into this process that sometimes feels far-removed from your own life?
We're here to help!
We offer a different approach to childbirth education through Birthing From Within, focusing on birth as a rite of passage rather than a medical event. Our classes involve not only information about labor, birth, and preparing for the postpartum period, but most importantly practical tools for coping with pain, intensity, and the unexpected aspects of birth that often surprise us.
Our goal is to prepare you to meet the challenges that birth and parenthood bring with an inner confidence in yourself and your instincts.
What's the difference between a doula and a midwife?
A midwife is a medical professional with years of training who ensures the safety of mothers and babies. They take care of pregnant parents, attend births, and continue care after the baby has been born. They can also provide routine reproductive healthcare throughout a woman's life. Their role is similar to that of an obstetrician. The main difference is that midwives specialize in low-risk births (they do not perform cesarean surgeries). They also follow the midwifery model of care which places the pregnant person at the center.
Doulas are not medical professionals. A birth doula provides emotional, physical, and informational support to expecting parents. Doulas focus on the physical comfort and emotional security of the birthing person and their partner.
A postpartum doula helps families after their baby is born, generally from birth through 12 weeks of the baby's life. Sometimes this period is called the "fourth trimester" because parents really require the same level of support given during the three trimesters of pregnancy. Postpartum doulas are familiar with the normal physiology of postpartum parents and newborns, and often teach parents baby care techniques. They can also help parents get some sleep, stay hydrated and well-nourished, and usually answer lots and lots of questions.
Both birth and postpartum doulas act as a comforting, encouraging, and knowledgeable presence to help new parents during this sensitive time. Doulas can provide information and will support your right to informed decision-making, respecting and supporting you in whatever choices you make regarding your birth and the care of your baby.